Tuesday 5 July 2011

Beerings.. beers for ya ears!

Beer + Earrings = Beerings! There's some interesting word-math for you.

If you're like me, you are constantly thinking, 'How can I show my love of beer to the world even more?' then don't fear, because now you can make your very own Beerings and hang those lagers from your lobes.

I decided to make the earrings for my mate Bridie Jabour's birthday. Cause she's part Irish and she loves beer. It was either that or earrings with the word c*nt on them, because that is one of her favourite words, especially when she gets vintage Bridie road rage.

But I thought that would be a bit crass, even for her, so I went with the beers. (Bridie also has her own blog, you can read it here - she is funny.)

But here is what the earrings turned out like:

(close to actual size)


(Now for the close-up - this was probably close to the actual size pre-shrinkage)

These are made on shrink plastic like the David Bowie necklace in one of the previous posts and took about half an hour so to do. But if Bridie is reading this, it took like hours and hours and I put in heaps of effort...

Same process as before, draw the picture you want relatively big on shrink plastic (available from Spotlight for about 15 for 6 sheets), sand the paper really well, draw and colour and punch a hole in it, then bake on a low heat in the oven on some baking paper for about 3 or so minutes or until shrunken and flat. Add earring fastenings. (see previous post for materials and more detailed technique explanation).

I didn't manage to get a picture of Bridie wearing these unfortunately, but here is a picture of her anyway.
So Irish.....


Tricky xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment